The label Yorba Linda goes back as far as 1767 when Jose Yorba was part of a Spanish exploration investigation the region now commonly referred to as Orange County. After 1818 Yorba beseeched the King of Spain for a real estate allotment and was bestowed over 59,000 acres of land which was later referenced as Rancho Santiago de Yorba Linda Santa Ana.
A hundred years subsequently, Stern, a Fullerton resident and controller of segments of the previous Yorba Linda real estate lands, relinquished a generous port to the Janss Corporation. They subsequently portioned this property and called the contemporary city “Yorba Linda”. “Yorba” following the previous real estate subsidy group and “Linda” implicating beautiful in Mexican. The corporation initiated auctioning it Yorba Linda neighborhoods accentuating it agronomical possibility and contributing bundles of real estate for less than $155 per acre.
Early Yorba Linda residents ventured to the city with the resolute of running modest homesteads. These families entered the area around 1915 and build a plethora of ranch houses, and seed lemon and orange groves. Yorba Linda began as a community of extremely hard-working people. The assemblage of the Pacific Electric Railroad line centrally located between Los Angeles and Yorba Linda created a vital shipping network: Yorba Linda farmers could now effortlessly get their fruitage and harvest to a significant market. Immediately after, two packing housing were constructed adjoin to the railroad depot and the heart of the community had already started.
During the 1920’s, Yorba Linda pursued to thrive and flourish which agriculture endured as the bulwark of the local economy. Numerous contemporary business building were constructed on Main Street however the comprehensive personality of the city continued mainly agricultural. The Great Depression delivered a financial hardship to the Yorba Linda housing market, but the population endured durable. The Yorba Linda residents handled the monetary calamity with its agricultural roots and economy tarrying effective.
After World War II, Yorba Linda sustained its small town character. It was not until the 1960’s that Yorba Linda started undergoing the astounding population expansion which the remainder of Southern California had been encountering for the previous twenty-years. The City of Yorba Linda, formerly a modest agricultural community of nearly 3,900 people, started its metamorphosis into a present-day community with incorporation happening in 1967.
Before 1835, Jose Yorba’s most prosperous sibling, Bernardo Yorba, was allocated the nearly 13,400 acre Rancho Canon de Santa Ana by Mexican authority Figueroa. Most of the aboriginal real estate was withheld after the war in the mid 1840’s by descendants of the Yorba family. A section of the City’s real estate is still controlled and advanced by the descendants of Kraemer, who captured it through his wedding with Angelina Yorba, a descendent of Bernardo Yorba. The place of residence of Bernardo Yorba Hacienda, call the Don Bernardo Yorba Ranch House Site, is catalogued as a California Historical Landmark.
Almost the same type of real estate is stationed by one of the oldest private cemeteries in the United States, the significant Yorba Cemetery. The land was granted to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles by Bernardo Yorba in the mid 1850’s, since OC was not entrenched out of LA County as sovereign county until just prior to 1890. The cemetery ceased operation prior to 1940 and was later defaced; nonetheless, in the 1960’s, the OC Board of Supervisors secured custody of the Yorba Linda property to fix the impairment.
A section of Yorba Linda real estate was relinquished prior to 1908 to the Janss Investment Company, which earliest named the vicinity Yorba Linda, and went on to partition the land and advertise for purchase for agriculture and production. After 1909, the agricultural attitude of the undertaking came to fruition, and the first of numerous lemon groves and orange grove were seed: at that period of time, the number of residents was still less than 55. 365 days later, The Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company began offering service to the Yorba Linda Community, and the first learning institution was established.
After 1910, may events occurred in Yorba Linda: it obtained its first post office; the Yorba Linda Citrus Cooperative was established, SCE started offering electricity, and the first church was built. The real estate in this area would subsequently be established as downtown Yorba Linda which was also affiliated to Los Angeles by the Pacific Electric Railway, mainly for citrus shipment.
President Richard Nixon was born in the city of Yorba Linda, the chamber of commerce was established, a library was originated as a segment of the public school system, and avocado trees were first planted. 12-months later, an independent locality was created for the library network. After 1914, the Susanna Bixby Bryant Ranch house was built. It is currently a museum and can be view and visited by the general public.
Before the 1920’s, the Yorba Linda Star Real Estate Newspaper started print. Since that point in time it has become an online section of the Orange County Register. Notwithstanding, a reproduced adaptation of just the Star still survives and is accessible at numerous city buildings at no cost and is dispatched to every Yorba Linda home owner each Thursday. Moreover, its past stories and news items are feasible to look at on microfilm at the Yorba Linda Public Library. The first street that was ever paved in the Yorba Linda housing market was, Yorba Linda Boulevard.
The number of Yorba Linda home owners eclipsed 290 for the first time prior to 1919. Before 1930, the citrus association’s pack house was burned by fire, as it was made by timber.
Yorba Linda as expanded immensely by the 1960’s, with more than 990 residents by the census, and endured or bravely fought off three merger endeavors. One by Brea, Anaheim and Placentia. These contacts terminated in incorporation in 1967. The contemporary town drew up and put into force is domestic commonplace agenda by 1973. By the 1980 census, the population was approximating 29,000, within a decade it surpassed 49,000. In 1990, the birthplace of Richard Nixon opened its doors to the general public as a library and museum. It would subsequently become a federal presidential library.