Comfort is key, especially when you are speaking about properties in Orange County, California. After all, your home is where you spend most of your time at and should be one that is as enjoyable as possible. Let us introduce you to spray polyurethane foam insulation (aka "spray foam). It is a sprayable plastic that forms a barrier between the outside and inside, and it works better than conventional insulation to maintain that boundary. It makes sense that spray foam adds to the quality of a home. It was initially used in the 1930s but was reserved for the uber-wealthy for mansions and estates and commercial structures. Many Orange County builders not make it the standard form of insulation in all of its homes, including entry level, which is fairly uncommon. Here are some additional reasons why spray foam may be in your families best interest.
1) It saves you money. The EPA resorts that over 55% if a homes energy goes to heating and cooling, and that properly functioning insulation can save your family nearly 20% on those bills. Even better, the way that thoughtful builders use spray foam can potentially cut your energy bill in half. Instead of applying it only in certain areas, they view the home holistically, applying it throughout the entire structure of the home, including the underside of the roof deck. Spray foam then expands to fill external wall spaces, creating a sealed thermal envelope.
2) It brings your attic inside. When an Orange County home builder includes the attic when applying spray foam, it won't get too hot, humid, or become a "menagerie of bugs, squirrels, and the occasional possum, which is the case with conventional homes.
3) It improves indoor air quality. Everybody thinks where they live has the worst pollen in the world. If you fall into that category, spray foam can be an enormous relief, thanks to the fact that it is part of a health-promoting air barrier that reduces sources for mold, airborne pollutants, and allergens like pollen and dust. Just imagine a spring season with fewer runny noses, itchy eyes, and antihistamines.
4) It creates a peaceful sanctuary from the outside world. It is nice to live in a vibrant community with close proximity to dining establishments and entertainment venues, tut it is equally nice to come home and relax without outside disruption. Spray foam reduces the amount of noise that travels through exterior walls, so outside noise stays outside, and inside noise stays inside. Come to think of it, this can also hl you maintain friendly neighborly relations if you have active kids or late-night dinner parties.
5) It mean a safer home. Respected builders use open cell spray foam, which bonds to frame of the home and stays somewhat flexible after it is applied. Open-cell insulates even if a home shifts over a period of years and helps withstand the detrimental effects of rain, wind and humidity. It is also mixed with a fire suppressant, reducing the risk of the structure catching fire and, if it does, decreasing the chance of it spreading.
6) It provides relief from extreme weather. Picture this: cozy winter evenings sleeping soundly, without wrapping up in two sweaters and tons of blankets to stay warm, and summer nights keeping cool, without blankets rolled down or fans flowing in your face. No matter the season outside, spray foam's sealant quality will help maintain an even, comfortable temperature inside.